AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)- how to AMPlify your existing website?
As customers are learning to access information and make purchases through their mobile devices, businesses are learning to build responsive websites. And if that were not enough, leading search engines have now established a ‘Mobile First’ policy, which would base website rankings on mobile versions of the website. Thus, there is no better time than now for AMPlifying your existing website with AMP guidelines.
What is AMP?
AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages are commonly referred to as Diet HTML as they are a stripped down version of HTML. These pages are essentially light and are very fast loading mobile pages. As a joint project from Google and Twitter, the underlying concept of AMP is ensuring high responsiveness of all websites on the mobile platform. As AMP is an open source project, any business can AMPlify their existing website with it to optimize customer experience.
There are some undeniable benefits of adopting AMP for your website –
- Improved customer experience: As per consumer research, 79% of customers who are dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to buy from the website again. When even a second of delay or 3 seconds of waiting can reduce customer satisfaction by 16%, why not to invest in creating lighter and faster loading web pages?
- Enhanced traffic: Recent research data from KISSmetrics reveals that 40% of customers abandon a webpage if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. Thus with AMPlified website pages, you can markedly improve your site traffic.
- Mobile Search Engine Ranking: AMP optimized mobile pages rank better and load faster, converting mobile page visitors into customers. The fact that Google has announced AMP as a major mobile search engine ranking factor, makes it even more critical for website owners to consider AMPlification of their websites.
How to AMPlify your existing website?
The framework consists of 3 major parts –
- AMP HTML: For adapting existing pages to HTML.
- AMP JS: For managing resource handling and asynchronous loading.
- AMP CDN: For performance optimization through optimized Content Delivery Network.
These AMP plugins quickly render only the suitable mobile pages by cutting back on the HTML code tag manager aspect. To AMPlify your existing website, you would need to follow the below points –
- Create two versions of every webpage on your website – the original version and the AMP version of the page.
- Use a streamlined version of CSS for AMP optimization.
- Properly validate the site for it to work every time.
- Declare height and width of images for proper display and resolution.
- In order to keep videos on the mobile page, use only AMP approved extensions.
AMP optimization of your existing website or a new website requires an expert understanding of the lighter HTML coding and capability to capture all website features on mobile pages. Partner with Prudent Analytics today to AMPlify your website and maximize your online business profitability. Click here to get in touch with our or call us anytime at 647-939-0015 for all your queries.